Head of Commercial Partnerships
Our Head of Commercial Partnerships will lead Pulse Nigeria’s business development efforts for other advertising solution providers who intend to grow their commercial footprint in Nigeria in partnership with Pulse. You will be responsible for the revenue success of these projects and will be the key point of contact with our partners. You will engage clients across sectors to help them create successful paid marketing campaigns using the solutions developed by Pulse and its partners. You will collaborate closely with the full digital strategy team of Pulse to bring new solutions to market.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries - Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach - with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We're also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
The Head of Commercial Partnerships will report to the Director of Digital Strategy at Pulse Nigeria. The position will be based at our Lagos office.
● Co-development of the solutions - including technology set-up, offering and pricing.
● Responsible for the commercial success and operational excellence of the partnerships.
● Prospecting and outreach to potential clients about the solutions provided by the partnership, including oversight on large-scale marketing offerings in collaboration with Pulse marketing team.
● Convert prospective leads interested in the solution and onboard them on the solution.
● Ensure customer goals are achieved and customer satisfaction with the solution is high, including collaboration with Pulse operations team.
● Develop sales assets to promote the solution.
● Manage the partnership by being the key point of contact with our partners.
● Work with the project execution teams to ensure customer goals are achieved.
● Track, analyse and report on performance based on set KPIs.
● Offer data-driven recommendations and informed, fact-based solutions that improve performance and help to achieve business goals.
● Accurately manage and forecast sales pipelines through the CRM.
● Stay up to date of the latest trends, industry issues and solutions so as to uncover new opportunities.
● Represent Pulse at events and serve as a brand ambassador Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role.
● B2B sales experience - within the Digital/ Creative/ Media/ Marketing/ Advertising industry preferred.
● A good understanding of Facebook ads solutions and other digital marketing tools - including the set-up of scaled digital campaigns for clients.
● Good knowledge of digital marketing and a creative thinker who can connect 360° digital to all aspects of a client’s business to drive growth opportunities.
● Successful track record of achieving set revenue targets.
● Great relationship building and networking skills - existing relationships with decision-makers in key industries a plus.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills to be able to communicate solutions and strategies to clients and other stakeholders in a way that they will understand.
● Great project management skills and highly organised with a strong bias for action - can drive results while multitasking priorities.
● A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm.
Remuneration is competitive.
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions - true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team - both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing - we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office - we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers - here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to [email protected]. Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you - please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.