Head of Contributor & Influencer Engagement
Lagos, Accra, and Dakar.
Lagos, Accra, and Dakar.
The Head of Contributor & Influencer Engagement will be responsible for building a network of credible contributors and influencer partners. This network will include content creators, celebrities, social media influencers and other prominent personalities and industry experts for successful content and brand contributions & collaborations. These partnerships aim to showcase top talent, increase Pulse’s relevance and reach, as well as position Pulse as a representative for talent in the industry - both on our own media channels and for our clients and partners.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries - Nigeria, Ghana, and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach - with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We're also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
The Head of Contributor & Influencer Engagement is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos, Accra, and Dakar offices.
The role will report to the Country Director of Content.
● Grow, structure, and manage the Pulse Voices, Pulse Series, Pulse Eyewitness and Pulse Contributors set-ups.
● Build and structure a cohesive community of contributors and collaborators, including partnerships with high level/ prominent personalities.
● Develop a scalable process for managing content submissions for our various content channels/formats - editorial, social, video, podcasts, etc.
● Content should be highly shareable, engaging and on-brand - you will be required to work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to ensure that content meets internal quality standards, i.e. aligning with the Pulse content strategy and editorial and brand guidelines.
● Manage the copy-editing, proofreading, and indexing of content by contributors to meet appropriate quality standards.
● Identify leads and recruit relevant influencers that will expand our reach and relevance across channels.
● Negotiate influencer and contributor contracts for Pulse, ensuring cost-effective payment margins.
● Own management and results of influencer campaigns for the Pulse brand and for clients, including setting relevant KPIs, budgeting, reporting, and optimizing for maximum ROI.
● Analyze data, prepare dashboards and generate weekly and monthly reports using effective benchmarks.
● Organise influencer and contributor events.
● Offer data-driven recommendations and informed, fact-based solutions that improve performance and support our overall goals.
● Represent Pulse at events and network and build relationships with social media influencers and other prominent personalities.
● Stay up to date of the latest trends, industry issues and solutions and suggest improvements and innovations to help Pulse to maintain a competitive edge.
● Manage contributor and influencer communications and relationships and provide all of our partners with excellent service and support.
● Experience with content marketing and social media marketing within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred.
● A good understanding of the influencer marketing landscape and great relationship building and networking skills - existing relationships with prominent personalities a plus.
● A strong personal social media presence would also be an advantage.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills to negotiate partnerships and communicate with diverse personalities.
● Great project management skills and highly organised with a strong bias for action - can drive results while multitasking priorities.
● A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm.
Remuneration is competitive.
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team, we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions - true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team - both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing - we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office - we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers - here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to [email protected]. Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you - please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.